A Very Buddy Christmas

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

 


I've been thinking a lot this season of the song "We Need a Little Christmas", because after the year we've all had we all need a little Christmas, and we need it right this very minute!



This is the 21st consecutive year that I've compiled a collection of Christmas songs, and this year I couldn't wait to get started on it.  I actually started listening to the thousands of holiday songs I've collected this year in the middle of October.  I'm excited to share it with you.


There are three pandemic-specific songs, Robbie Williams - "Can't Stop Christmas", John Lindhal - "Quarantine Christmas" and Montague - "COVID Christmas".  I really like the Green Day song, the Shaggy song is a lot of fun and the Lizzo song is awesome!  Also, be sure to check out Virginia's own Lucy Dacus, classics from Aretha and Darlene Love and a nice cover of the Counting Crow's "A Long December".


One note, a lot of people have asked me, "Dude, it's 2020, why are you still burning CD's?"  The answer is simple, it makes me happy.  If I could burn in it on vinyl, I'd do that too!  That said, I know there are people without turntables and CD players, here is the link to the playlist on Apple Music.  



1. Robbie Williams - Can't Stop Christmas

2. Aretha Franklin - Christmas Ain't Christmas

3. The Beatness - Rudolph

4. Green Day - Xmas Time of Year

5. Bryan Adams - Joe and Mary

6. The Mavericks - Christmas Time Is

7. The Beach Boys - Santa's Beard

8. Shaggy - Christmas in the Islands

9. Colbie Caillet - Christmas in the Sand

10. Chris Isaak - Hey Santa!

11. Darlene Love - Christmas

12. Lizzo - Never Felt Like Christmas

13. Dan + Shay - Take Me Home Christmas

14. Fitz and the Tantrums - Santa Stole My Lady

15. Mitchel Musso - Jingle Bell Rock

16. Lucy Dacus - Last Christmas

17. Straight No Chaser - A Long December

18. Nikki Lickstein - And I'm Still Single

19. John Lindhal - Quarantine Christmas

20. Montague - COVID Christmas



Copyright © buddyrizer.com. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co